APPLICATION STEPS - NEW FAMILIES
Get to know Red Lion Christian Academy through a campus tour during one of our open house dates, then begin the application process. Admissions and school staff are happy to help you along the way.
1. Complete the online New Student Application
2. Participate in a Student Shadow Day
- Shadow days may be requested through the New Student Application.
- Shadow days are available for students entering first grade and up only.
- Red Lion does not offer shadow days for incoming preschool or incoming kindergarten students.
4. Complete New Student Testing
- Incoming preschool students are not tested but must meet birth date requirements and be toilet/potty trained.
- Students entering kindergarten through twelfth grade are tested.
- Testing lasts approximately three hours and focuses on Math and Language/Reading Skills.
- Student test results are used to determine grade level placement and are an important part of the admission process.
5. Attend a New Family Interview
6. Meet Admission Birth Date Requirements
- Red Lion Christian Academy follows the Delaware Department of Education birth date requirements.
- Incoming kindergarten students must be five years old by September 1st.
- Incoming four year old preschool students (P4) must be four years old by September 1st.
- Incoming three year old preschool students (P3) must be three years old by September 1st.
- Incoming first through twelfth grade students with birth dates that fall outside of the typical ranges will be handled on a case by case basis.