Join Our Team!
Openings are posted here as they become available throughout the year. Teaching positions are usually advertised in late spring, early summer. Candidates are welcome to apply at any time by completing an application and forwarding it along with a current resume to our principal, Mr. Samuel Osbourn.
Red Lion Christian Academy is currently accepting elementary teacher applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Elementary teachers instruct students as required by the curriculum objectives established by the school. All concepts are taught with a Biblical worldview and include Biblical integration. Generally, elementary classes are self-contained and the teacher instructs a class at a particular grade level in the core subjects of bible, math, language arts, science and social studies. If there are two sections of a grade level, one teacher will teach science to both classes and one will teach social studies to both classes. Teachers utilize direct instruction, discussions, demonstrations, and differentiated instruction techniques based on student readiness, interests, and learning profiles to ensure that all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential. This position provides care and supervision of students during instructional and non-instructional times during the school day. Classes are assigned each year based on the teacher’s specialization and qualifications as well as enrollment.
Interested candidates should complete the teacher application form and submit it along with a resume to Mr. Osbourn.
- Model Christ in word and deed.
- Write lesson plans for all classes on a weekly basis and submit to the principal.
- Teach entire assigned curriculum including biblical integration.
- Establish and maintain communication with parents.
- Serve in assigned faculty duties.
- Support overall school life. Encourage fellow staff and students.
- Attend Red Lion Christian Academy staff and department meetings.
- Attend/participate in applicable school events outside of the normal school day.
- Participate in professional development to stay current in field.
- Maintain ACSI certification.
- Ensure classroom environment is inviting, well kept, and academically stimulating.
- Assess students regularly and post grades weekly through school information system.
- Discipline with love and enforce established code of conduct.
- Know and adhere to the Faculty and Staff Handbook and employee agreement.
- Must have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and be actively engaged in a Bible believing and Gospel centered church.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in elementary education or related field
- ACSI certification required or willing to pursue certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) with regard to children, parents, and fellow staff
- Experience with Microsoft Office and school information systems, preferably TeacherEase
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Choose groups to clone to: